Solar panels, also called photovoltaic panels, are increasingly becoming a popular renewable energy source. In simple terms, solar panels produce electricity from the sun’s rays. But apart from that, there are many other things to be mentioned when talking about the subject.
What Is a Solar Panel Made Of?
When it is exposed onto the surface of a roof, a solar panel looks like glass sheets looking towards the sun; however, each of its components is more complex than that. Its core is made of silicon, which is responsible for the transformation of photons into electrons. The silicon core, along with the wiring, the semiconductors, and a protective material, is enclosed in a special overheat-proof glass case that attracts sun rays.
There are also non-silicon-based modules, those that are made of cadmium telluride. However, silicon is preferred.
We carry top quality SMA solar inverters made in Germany.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Solar Panel?
Using a solar panel has a number of benefits, both for residential and commercial purposes.
- Energy-efficient. A solar panel system, when its size is calculated accurately, produces enough energy to power a household on a daily basis.
- Cost-effective. Because solar panels make use of the sunlight to produce electricity, there can be a considerable cost reduction in your electricity bill.
- Environment-friendly. Aside from economic aspects, a solar panel is also beneficial when it comes to the environment. Solar panels produce energy without causing pollution.
- Recyclable. Most parts of a solar panel are recyclable, including the glass and up to 95% of certain semiconductor materials.
- Accessible. Remote areas can now have access to electricity.
What Are You Waiting For?
Install a solar panel in your household or office now to enjoy its numerous benefits. If you have a specific brand of solar panel you prefer, we will do our best to source the product for you. Call 999 Electrical at 0412 907 276 or fill in the Web form for booking, assessment or quotation.